Friday, September 16, 2011

How do you buy a plane ticket for a dog?

My boyfriend and I will be taking a week long trip to New York (from Florida) in July, and I would love to bring the dog with us. She is about 45 lbs. Has anyone travelled with their dog before? How do you go about buying a plane ticket for one?|||working for the airlines I can tell you that it depends on the airlines policy, I suggest you call them, and it will cost extra to fly him, not as much as your ticket but he still needs a ticket, and he will be checked in at baggage and they will pick him up and take him down to plane side to load him in cargo, then on the other end someone will personally bring him up to baggage claim,, I flew my cat once and all went well.|||You need to call your travel agent or airlines and make those arrangements. They will let you know what kind of crate of underseat carrier you must use.|||custom arrangement...


you don't need a plane ticket...


you need papers from custom from your travel agency or airline





it's something like that..|||I've travelled with a dog before, USA domestic. You call ahead of time to reserve, and you have to pay a fee but not a ticket. For a 45lb dog, you will need a rather large crate for the dog to travel in cargo. Florida to New York is not a very long trip. But you should still follow instructions on not giving him water and food before the flight.|||dont take your dog. It is terrifiying for them to be in the cargo hold. If you must go to the vet prior to your flight to get some sedatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment