Friday, September 23, 2011

How long would you last in a plane on the tarmac before freaking out?

There has been some incredible stories in the news about the Airlines holding people on the plane sitting on the tarmac for up to 10 hours then cancelling the flight. There is no working toliet, (people have to go in their pants), no food or water. Many people are cracking under the pressure and are saying they will go out the emergency door.





How long could you go before you would try the emergency door?|||I totally agree, I think it's awful customer service to hold a plane on the tarmac for hours on end. Now I know there are certian cities with crowded airports where it can take a couple of hours to take off, ....one that comes to mind is JFK, we sat for 2 hours just waiting our turn to take off. But leaving people on the plane during poor weather for hours is inexcuseable!


I think it is New York that has a new law that you can't be held on the tarmac for over 3 hours and that seems like a reasonable amount of time to work out the kinks and either return to the gate or take off.|||1 h max|||I was once stuck in a plane on the tarmac for an hour. That was long enough. I would go crazy if it was much longer than that, let alone ten hours.|||I don't know. I think 5 hours would be the max. I think it is utterly ridiculous, especially in this day and age that this happened. The maximum time should be 2-3 hours. Anything beyond that is completely unreasonable. Our government should be holding these airlines completely accountable and they should be fined if they exceed appropriate guidelines. It's obvious that our airline system needs serious updating. I hear they are working on using GPS to improve communication in air traffic control.|||I think I could go 4 or 5 hours. If there were adequate bathrooms, drinks and snacks I could probably last 6 or 7 hours, but I'd probably never want to fly again after an experience like that.|||2 hours should be the limit....after that the passengers should be able to smash the windows

No comments:

Post a Comment