Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the difference between reserving a plane ticket and buying one?

I just reserved a round trip plane ticket from southwest airlines. Do they just hold the ticket at the airport and give it to me when I arrive? How does it work?|||Not really understanding what you're asking. I don't think there is a difference between buying and reserving a ticket. Best way I can explain it is you bought a ticket that is for reserving a seat for you on that particular flight.|||If you paid for it, you bought it. It's not just reserved.


Almost no airline issues paper tickets any more. Everyone (including Southwest) uses electronic ticketing (e-ticketing).


All you need to check in at the airport is your name; your confirmation number makes it quicker and easier, though.


You can even check in from home starting 24 hours before your flight departs. This is especially important with Southwest because SWA does NOT assign seats. You get a position number for the boarding line when you sign in (groups A, B, C, with 60 people in the first two groups). And if you don't want a center seat, you definitely want to have a number in the A group or at least the first half of the B group.


When you check in, you can print your boarding pass at that time. I don't bother unless I'm traveling with carry-on luggage only, since I have to stop at the check-in kiosk to check my bags, and the kiosk will print my boarding pass for me.|||Southwest must be a different kind of airline.

As far as I know all airlines require you to reserve and pay at the same time............

bottom line ...unless you have already paid for the ticket you do not have a reservation



If you bought it ...and i assume you used your cc you have a reservation on the flight you booked

You must be reading it wrong ....if in doubt call S/W for clarification

No comments:

Post a Comment