Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What would a budget plane cost? How much would it cost to run?

I am looking into the costs of owning my own plane / microlight and i know there will be loads of cost that i have not anticipated, could anyone shed some light on what they might be? Or direct me to somewhere that might be able to educate me somewhat.|||I think the cheapest cost for a real plane would be a Cessna 150. You can get one for as low as 15,000 (that is still airworthy), and you can insure it for $1000 or less per year. That is even if you are a student pilot.





Keep in mind, aircraft ownership is very expensive in and of itself, but the absolute cheapest way to go is a Cessna 150.|||there are plans and a website for something called the A-Plane on the internet, and it has a following among crack-pot tight-wads who think that aviation is a sphere in which economy is an admirable virtue.


I should rather spend a little more and get something professionally made!|||I agree with wingflap. I think a used 150 or 152 can be had for a bargain if you just look around long enough. I have seen several in the 15-20k range. And they are about as thrifty as you can get; low fuel use, simple maintenance, low annuals, etc.


Kit planes built by someone else are great if they knew what they were doing when they built it.


I will stick with factory produced (the EAA guys hate this) but its just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment