Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Why do you think plane crashes are happening so frequently at the moment?

I've noticed in the last 3 months or so, there has been an increase in plane crashes and emergency landings. For example the Hudson River landing/crash, the one near Buffalo and now I've just heard that at least 9 people were killed in a Turkish plane crash at Amsterdam.





I realise that plane accidents will happen, but why so many at the moment? Is it just coincidence, or is there something behind it?





~Mystic.|||I think its just coincidence for the moment.





But dont forget, there are many more planes in the sky now than there were 10 years ago.





Airlines are always getting more and more aircraft, and introducing new routes. And if the airlines can not afford the new aircraft, they will keep using the fleet they have more extensively.





So as I was saying, there are many more planes in the sky, and these planes are also flying more themselves. So naturally, you are going to hear of more crashes.





The probablility is still ver small.





but say one in a billion flights were going to crash and kill someone on board.





in 1999, these one billion flights may have taken 6 months or so; now in 2009, one billion flights are taking only 4 months (i dont know these for facts, its just hypothetical)





Hudson River was a bird strike, I have not herd anymore on that Dash-8 crash, and initial roumors are that the Turkish Airlines plane may have ran out of fuel - this is backed up by little to no fire after the crash.





so I think its coincidence|||I might also guess that since the world economy is bad, airlines that do not have a lot of federal / government regulation on safety may be trying to cut back by only performing critical maintenance.

Report Abuse


|||The air has been colder, each incident all had something to do with ice getting caught in the engines. and the one had to do with the Birds. I think they keep up a regular average, they've just gotten more publicity than others in the past.|||The planes are getting older and the airlines are hesitant to buy new ones because of their past and present economic problems. So they try and stretch the life a little longer. It is still by far the safest way to travel, even though I hate flying.|||I was just wondering that, I'm glad someone else brought it up. The three you've mentioned have occurred in the last month alone. On the 26th of January I had a very vivid dream that me and my family were flying to BC, and somehow ended up in a horrific situation when our place crashed into the water of the Carribean. Everyone got out safely.


Two days later, I read an article that on the day I had the dream, the plane crashed into the Hudson River - I thought that to be strange :P





Anyway, I just read an article on the Amsterdam crash and the captain of Turkish Airlines makes a comment that their planes are getting old but it's too expensive to build new ones right now with the economy. However, the plane that went down was built in 2002, not so old. I also think it has a lot to do with global warming, and the planes are closer to the ozone layer than anything else (although in grade school I swear I learned that planes fly on a level that doesn't have weather?).





That's my two cents.|||Coincidence. Just as with the 2 1/2 year gap of no airplane crashes in the US.|||it's destiny|||It may have to do with astrology. That is also probably behind why the stock markets crashed these past few days.





This astrologer is particularly good at predicting such events:


http://www.drturi.com/home.php

No comments:

Post a Comment