Friday, September 16, 2011

What are the chances of a plane crash during a thunderstorm?

Tomorrow I am going on a plane from Canada to Poland. The weather forcast says that there will be a thunderstorm all day tomorrow. I'm really worried of the plane crashing. I was also told that lightning often hits planes too, which scared me ever more. What are the chances of the plane crashing?|||Probably Slim to none.. If you are ever on a plane during a storm they will try to land it immediately! If they know for sure there is going to be lighting or the storm is already started where you are or somewhere in the route you will be taking the flight will be delayed or maybe even canceled. They Pilot, attendants and the airport will make sure you get to your destination safely and happily! Hope I helped! Have fun on your trip!


- ________|||Relax. Most of the time you fly over most weather. If squall lines are bad (ATC) Air Traffic Control will do their best to vector the plane around the bad spots. Its rare that lightning does any damage to aircraft. If it did; I'm a pilot and I wouldn't fly either.

No comments:

Post a Comment